CIMA (Center for International Medicine Advanced) hospital, San Jose is the first hospital to be accredited by the Costa Rica Ministry of Health and affiliated with Baylor University of Medical Center.
The hospital is operated by the International Hospital Corporation, also headquartered in Dallas. Other CIMA medical facilities are located in: Mexico at Chihuahua, Hermosillo, Santa Engracia and Pueblo and also in Brazil at Curitiba, Florianopolis, and Volta Redondo.
CIMA hospital provides services like eye, cosmetic, hip and knee surgery. These high quality services are combined in a truly state-of-the-art facility, dedicated to guarantee safety, security and comfort of the common man. CIMA Hospital is designed to meet exacting requirements for patient care and surgical procedures, and offers the best facilities, infrastructure, technology, and internationally trained personnel in Central America. Foreigners represent more than 25% of the patients at CIMA Hospital and the percentage is growing. "Health tourism" represents about 15% of all visits to Costa Rica. The facilities available at the hospital include:
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Oral and Dental specialties
- 24-hour emergency facilities staffed with both adult and pediatric trauma-certified physicians
- Helipad (Air Ambulance Access)
- 6-bed, fully-monitored and staffed Intensive Care Unit
- Special Shock and Trauma Emergency Room
- 150 qualified physicians (on site, English-speaking) representing over 40 clinical specialties
- Complete Imaging Services including High-speed Helical CT scan, Open MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammogram, Bone-density scan, and conventional X-ray
- Clinical and pathological laboratory services including blood bank
- 44 fully-equipped, private, modern rooms and luxury suites
- 24-hour pharmacy on site
- Emergency medical support and transport provided by affiliates throughout Costa Rica